Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Why the punisher Season 2 is good

Hey everyone. How you doing ? How is the weekend going ?  Hope you are having a nice day. Today I'm gonna talk about one of my Top 5 Favorite Marvel character of all time along with it's TV  show.  He is the one Santa sends if you've been naughty, like really naughty. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you The Punisher. I watched season 2 and I liked it. I like the fight, the action,  the shooting, and even the little romance it had. The only thing I didn't like was Jigsaw, that's not the Jigsaw I know. The jigsaw is really horrific in his looks. A perfect example was the Jigsaw in Punisher : War Zone movie (picture is below). I was expecting a really disfigured face of  Ben Barnes Jigsaw,  and being it's Netflix, I was expecting something that would make me throw up. Sadly my hopes of a disfigured Ben Barnes was shot down.  But Aside from that, I think it was good  but then again I'm  a big punisher fan.



I really enjoyed The Punisher season 1. Sure, they made changes to the mythos,  but they were the right changes. In fact, it ended so well, that I didn't care for season 2. I was more than content with Season 1. But the show been so successful among critics and fans alike, made Netflix officially renewed The Punisher for season 2 on December 12. By now I assume we all know that Frank Castle is not a hero, and that’s what makes him such an interesting character for me within the Marvel universe. He simply is what he is: a gun-toting vigilante who uses his Marine skills to find and kill criminals.

The series was intriguing,  because it seemed like the show might actually address the fact that the Punisher is a bit of a poster boy for the alt-right movement. And it does, sort of. The new season nods at Trump’s America, and Russia, and neo-Nazis, and explores what sets Frank apart in his vigilante justice ( made me think about why Trump is always so respective to Putin ) . It also showed what it was like for Frank to be free, no revenge, no killing, just free. Before he was dragged back into the life he left.  I love how it ended with him accepting who he is and not fighting it anymore. The show was good, my only issue was the Jigsaw, but if you can look pass that, then you in for a treat of violence and bloodshed (if that's your thing)




As usual the cast of this season features Jon Bernthal (Frank Castle/The Punisher), Amber Rose Revah (Dinah Madani) and Jason R Moore (Curtis Hoyle) as they are all returning to their roles. Ben Barnes is also back on board as Billy Russo/Jigsaw.
There are newcomers too: Floriana Lima of Supergirl is joining as Krista Dumont, a psychotherapist for military veterans. Giorgia Whigham will play Amy Bendix and Josh Stewart has also joined the crew as John Pilgrim. They all brought a refreshing set of pace to the Series.

Well that's all I have for you today(trying not to say much, before i give spoilers)

Till next time  Be your Frank Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment